I’m a second year undergraduate student currently studying at UCLA. I’m majoring in computer science while also pursuing a minor in Bioinformatics.
I’m passionate about applying my knowledge of computer science and machine learning to areas in healthcare where we can really engineer better solutions for helping doctors and taking care of patients. In my mind, machine learning and computer science really have the power to make the gradual shift to preventative instead of reactionary healthcare. If you’re working in the healthcare or medical fields, don’t hesitate to reach out if you think there’s an opportunity for collaboration. Would love to discuss.
- Software Engineering Intern at Qualcomm (This Summer)
- Computer Engineer Intern at U.S Naval Research Lab (June 2016 - September 2016)
- Developed object localization algorithms through convolutional neural networks for deployment on IBM’s TrueNorth neuromorphic chip.
- Wrote Matlab functions and shell scripts to format and preprocess datasets.
- Implemented a selective search and sliding window based approach to localization.
- Trained a convolutional neural network to place bounding boxes over a specific object of interest with a classification accuracy of 92.86%.
- Presented results to a group of engineers and upper level management at the conclusion of the internship.
- Research Intern in Boston RISE program (June 2014 - August 2014)
- Participated in the Boston RISE summer internship program during the summer between my junior and senior years of high school.
- Completed an Electrical Engineering project under the guidance of Professor Ajay Joshi.
- Ran benchmarks on a Parallella board containing a 16 core Epiphany processor, analyzed results, and participated in a research poster session at the end of the program.
- Part-time Author at O’Reily Media
- VP of UCLA ACM Artificial Intelligence
- Coach with UCLA Special Olympics
- Peer Mentor with UCLA Engineering Mentorship Program
- UCLA Resident Assistant (Next Year)
- KDnuggets author page
- Interview with KDnuggets
- DZone author page
- Article on MLB.com
- O’Reily Generative Adversarial Network Tutorial
- (O’Reily LSTM Video Tutorial Coming Soon!)
As vice president of UCLA’s ACM AI group, I’ve given talks on the following topics (with slides attached)
- Introduction to Machine Learning with Tensorflow
- Introduction to Neural Networks with Tensorflow
- Convolutional Neural Networks with Tensorflow